We work hard to provide guests with an extremely clean, safe and friendly hotel experience. This hotel and accommodation policy is based on industry standards, management and operating procedures, as well as our personal experience in hotel management.
Hotel and accommodation policy is considered part of our booking agreement with you. As a guest of our hotel, by reading and signing your hotel registration card you agree to abide by our hotel and accommodation policies, terms and conditions, and procedures listed below.
Cleanliness Protocol (COVID-19 preventive measures)
Safety and well-being of our guests and staff comes first at Sherlock Art Hotel; that is why we ask you to follow these simple rules while staying with us –
- Please try to keep at least 2-meter distance between other guests staying at our hotel
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizers as often as you think you need – you will find sanitizers at the reception, opposite the main entrance, and of course in your room.
- A free face mask is offered to each guest. Feel free to take one if you feel the need for it
- If you are not feeling well, please immediately seek for medical attention by calling 113 and informing the hotel staff
- Please follow our arrival time requirements to avoid congestion at the reception and to allow the hotel staff to prepare your room according to all required safety measures.
- In this particular situation, we do not offer daily cleaning of the premises to reduce frequent contact with our staff. If you need a towel change or anything else, contact our staff.
The Sherlock Art Hotel has a long tradition of maintaining impeccable cleanliness in rooms and other public areas of the hotel, and it is now especially important to maintain the highest possible standards of cleanliness for the safety of guests and staff. We therefore ask you to follow these simple rules to support our commitment to cleanliness and safety!
- Booking can be made by calling- +371 26665630, sending an e-mail to – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, directly at www.sherlock.lv, through partners and other online sources.
- When booking a room, guest must inform the hotel in writing of desired room category, planned number of travelers, length of stay, names of all guests, telephone, e-mail through which guest can be reached, estimated time of arrival. It is also advisable to inform the hotel about possible allergies, preferences, or special events for guest.
- All special requests will be considered and noted and we will do our best to accommodate and meet your request. However, availability cannot be guaranteed in advance.
- All prices include taxes set by the Republic of Latvia. The hotel reserves the right to change prices without notice.
- The hotel is only responsible for the prices that are publicly available on the website as well as on the hotel site.
- The hotel is not responsible for reservations, their prices, commissions, changes, as well as information published on other sales channels.
- Booking is considered guaranteed only when guest has provided hotel with their credit card information, which includes information like card number and expiration date. Also, a person who has been prepaid or by mutual agreement between companies (corporate travelers) is considered as a guaranteed reservation.
- The non-guaranteed reservation is valid until 18:00 on the day of arrival, but in case there is overlapping guaranteed booking, non-guaranteed booking is automatically canceled.
- Unless agreed otherwise in advance, if the guest stays in the room after 12:00, late departure fee of 50% of the total room rate will be charged on that same day.
- In case of a stay in the room after 16:00, 100% of the total room rate will be charged on that same day
- Hotel does not accept cards without a signature on the other side of the car for payment – the card is considered valid only if it is signed.
- Hotel does not accept remote payments from third parties. If you want to pay for your colleague, family member, you will have to physically come to the hotel and only then payment will be accepted. Payment can also be made to the hotel bank details
- If the hotel is provided with incorrect credit card details for the booking guarantee, or if the hotel suspects that the card is stolen or invalid, hotel reserves the right to cancel the booking without a notice.
- In case of early cancellation or cancellation without timely informing the hotel, the prepaid amount will not be refunded.
- When hotel stay is booked during summer, New Year’s dates, or any other date when the hotel is in high demand, the hotel reserves the right to request full prepayment by bank transfer or by card on site.
- Hotel services can be paid by bank transfer (advance payment), credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Maestro) or cash (euro).
- All hotel rates are in Euro (EUR) and are subject to change without prior notice.
Reservation change, cancellation
- The hotel only accepts cancellations or changes that are submitted in writing. The hotel will confirm the change/cancellation in writing. If a change is not possible, the hotel will inform the guest in writing.
- In case of cancellation less than 24 hours before check-in, 100% of the first night’s price (including bookings made 48 hours before arrival) will be deducted as a penalty
- A non-refundable rate will be charged on the day of booking for the entire booking period and in case of cancellation or no-show 100% of the stay will be considered a penalty and will not be refunded
- Reservations for 4 or more rooms are considered a group booking and can be canceled without penalty one week before arrival if canceled less than a week before the check-in date – all rooms will be charged 100% of the one-day stay rate.
- Reduction of stay or early departure: same conditions as cancellation
- Non-refundable/early booking/long stay/last minute offers cannot be modified or canceled without penalty.
- In case of early cancellation or cancellation without informing the hotel will result in the hotel not refunding the prepaid amount.
- If a booking made through intermediaries is changed or canceled, the change/cancellation will take place in accordance with the intermediary conditions.
- The hotel reserves the right to cancel a booking in the event of an emergency for which the hotel is not responsible. Force major, such as an accident in the city, due to which the supply of water, heat, light in the building, etc. is not possible.
- Sherlock Art Hotel is not responsible for weather conditions, emergencies or schedule changes. Therefore, these cases do not apply to force majeure.
- The hotel also reserves the right to cancel a booking if false guest information was provided at the time of booking, invalid credit card details were registered, or potential fraud was reported from partners.
- If the hotel cancels the reservation on its own and the cancellation is justified, guests are not entitled to a refund.
- Check-in at the hotel starts at 14:00. Check-in with staff escort is done by 20:00.
- If the guest wishes to check-in after 20:00, written instructions will be sent on how to receive the key from the safe.
- It is mandatory for each guest to inform the hotel about their estimated check-in time in advance to ensure secure check-in and minimal contact with other hotel guests.
- Each guest must present a valid passport or ID card upon check-in, as well as the credit card used to guarantee the booking, fill in the registration form and sign it, confirming that the personal data they provide is true and accurate. This means an agreement with the hotel to provide hotel services to the guest in accordance with the terms set out in this hotel policy.
- Please note that between 20:00 and 08:00 there is no staff available at the hotel, so check-in / check-out will be unstaffed during this time.
- Room keys are issued only to registered guests. Room keys will not be issued to young people under the age of 18.
- Payment for accommodation must be made at check-in if there has been no prepayment.
- The hotel reserves a guarantee deposit of EUR 150 for each booked room.
- The deposit will be refunded in full if no damage to the property is found after check-out.
- If the damage is found, the hotel staff will prepare a photo report and inform the guest about amount taken from deposit to cover damage expenses.
- If the total value of the damage is more than 150 Eur, the hotel will resolve the issue of compensation with the guest on an individual basis.
- Reserved deposit usually is returned to the guest’s account 3 days after leaving the hotel, but depending on the card issuing bank and country funds may be refunded 30 days after gust leaving the hotel.
- The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorize a guest’s credit card upon arrival for an amount that may cover the cost of the stay.
- When registering or making a payment, please provide the same credit card you used to guarantee your booking.
- Check-out is until 12:00. Each room must inform staff about their estimated time of departure one night before the actual check-out date.
- Check-in and check-out process takes approximately 15 minutes per room. Therefore, please notify us of an earlier check-in or a later check-out. We will accept your request, taking into account the hotel’s availability and the departure and arrival times of other hotel guests.
- Late check-in must be arranged with the hotel, otherwise the reservation will be canceled for a guest who did not check in before 18:00, unless a later check-in time has been notified.
- During the check-out, hotel maid has the right to inspect the room according to the inventory list found in the room;
- Please pay for all used services, as well as for accommodation (if not paid) at the time of check-out.
- It is mandatory to return the room key at reception before leaving the hotel. In case you have lost the key and you need a duplicate, you must provide an ID, and the hotel will apply a fine of 25 Eur.
- Cats and dogs are allowed in the hotel, but it is a subject of prior arrangement with the hotel
- The cost of one pet stay is EUR 20 per day.
- Cats and dogs which weight not more than 10 kg are allowed in the hotel; The hotel reserves right to refuse accepting dogs which weight more than 10 kg
- Hunting, military service and combat dogs are strictly forbidden in the hotel
- Guests arriving at the hotel with pets must present a veterinary sign confirming that the pet has all necessary vaccines and has a cage. The hotel reserves the right to refuse accommodation in the absence of accompanying veterinary documents in accordance with the transport legislation.
- Dogs are strictly forbidden on the hotel premises and in the hotel yard.
- If the hotel property is damaged by animals, all costs are covered by the pet owner. Loss compensation can be covered from the deposit
- It is forbidden to leave pets without owners in the guest room or in another hotel area.
- It is strictly forbidden to wash pets in the guest shower and to use towels, sheets and other hotel bedding belongings.
- It is strictly forbidden to comb pets in the hotel room.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that the pet is not in the room when it is being cleaned.
- The guest is obliged to provide the pet with hygiene bags and mats.
- The hotel reserves the right to refuse to accommodate guests with a pet if there is a discrepancy between an animal’s external characteristics and behavioral standards.
- The hotel reserves the right to refuse accommodation if the pet’s behavior prevents other guests from staying, as well as if the pet behaves aggressively, inadequately and if the terms of stay are violated.
- If the hotel refuses accommodation after the guest has checked in and paid for, the hotel reserves the right not to refund and to treat this as an early cancellation.
- No more than one pet is allowed in a hotel room.
- The hotel allows disabled people to be accompanied by a guide dog, in which case there is no charge for the pet.
Travelers with children
- Children of all ages are allowed in the hotel.
- Children under the age of 18 can only check in with an older adult
- Children (6 years old and younger) stay for free together with parents
- Children from the age of 7 are considered an adult and if an extra bed is needed (in addition to the existing one in the room), then the cost will be 25 Eur per day.
Complaints or comments:
- Complaints or comments about the stay are requested to be provided immediately so that the hotel staff can react in a timely manner. The property will not accept any claims after check-out.
- The hotel is cleaned from 09:00 until 15:00. If the guest wishes cleaning to be scheduled at the specific time, guest must contact reception.
- In order to protect nature, bed linen is not changed for guests staying up to 3 nights. Towel cleaners are also changed on request. If you wish to change the towels, please inform the reception.
Fire safety in the hotel
- Hotel is equipped with smoke detectors.
- Evacuation plans can be found in each hotel room and corridors
- In the event of a fire alarm, guests must follow instructions outlined in the evacuation plan.
- Burning candles, essential oils, ether, incense in the rooms is forbidden and a penalty of 100 EUR will be applied
- It is strictly forbidden to smoke in the hotel. Penalty for smoking at the hotel premises – 100 EUR.
- Hotel room may be subject to emergency or service repairs and security checks without the guest’s prior notice, as well as during the guest’s absence. If you have a complaint against the hotel after the completion of the work, please inform the hotel staff immediately
- The hotel and its staff are not responsible for any items left in the rooms. Please lock your room door at night as well as when leaving it.
- After 23:00 visitors are not allowed to stay in the guest room. Guests visitors staying in the room after 23:00 must agree with the administration.
- You are responsible for any damages that visitors may cause to you and the hotel. The hotel reserves the right to ask for visitors’ ID.
- From 22:00 to 8:00 we have silence policy in the place. Guests may be expelled from the hotel for non-compliance. If you are disturbed by a guest, please contact the staff immediately
- If you have forgotten something at the hotel, then at your request the forgotten item can be sent to you by post or by courier. The cost is borne by the guest.
- All forgotten items are stored in the hotel warehouse for one year.
- In case the guest has not been in the room for more than 72 hours without prior notice, the hotel administration has the right to organize a commission and have an inventory of all the client’s belongings, as well as inform the police about guests’ absence.
- Video surveillance takes place in the hotel’s public areas and partly in the staff rooms, and video recording takes place. Video surveillance is carried out to ensure the safety of guests and staff in the hotel premises and territory
- Filming and taking pictures on the hotel premises, including commercial and advertising purposes is allowed only with the prior permission of the hotel administration
- The hotel offers guests various additional services such as breakfast, transfer, tours, individual shopping tours, etc. Ask the hotel staff for information. Additional services must be paid for separately.
Sherlock Art Hotel makes every effort to ensure that all information displayed on its website is correct. However, no warranty, express or implication, is made that the information provided on the website is error-free.
The Hotel reserves the right to amend, modify, change, cancel or supplement these Hotel Policies or the terms and conditions set out on our hotel website at any time without prior notice. Please check our website regularly for updates on hotel policies/stay policies. Any changes to these hotel policies/conditions prior to your departure from the hotel will be considered part of your booking agreement with us.